What is a Brainstorming diagram
Brainstorming is an operative way of finding a solution to a problem based on creative activity when all participants can offer as many solutions as possible, even the most fantastic. Then the best variants are chosen from the list. Brainstorming is a method for generating ideas that:
- Stimulates creativity;
- Contributes to collective solution to a problem;
- Allows all participants to offer ideas;
- Forms a way of thinking that can extend the usual analytical approach to decision-making.
Brainstorming diagram is the perfect tool that will help you come to the best solutions or plans. It visualizes all the ideas in hierarchy and shows relations between them. You will be able to develop a complete system of suggested ideas to improve communication and creative thinking that will result in effective decision-making.
Why use Brainstorming software
You simply don't have a choice in the time of computer technologies. When you use paper and a pen to draw a brainstorming diagram you will need either be very-very accurate and foresee the position of a topic in the hierarchy and relations with the other items, or start drawing from scratch every time you are not accurate since any modifications to the diagram make incomprehensible. Drawing brainstorming diagrams using special tools saves your time and effort. You can just enter all ideas at first and then define hierarchy and relations (in any sequence, as relations denoted by arrows will layout automatically when you move this or that diagram element). Moreover, you can easily share and collaborate on the diagram.
How Grapholite can help
Grapholite allows you to easily create a brainstorming diagram by offering the following abilities:
- smart drawing tools, automatic connectors and shape library;
- ability to share the created diagram and collaborate on it;
- ability to work in online and offline modes; in and out of browser;
- export to the most commonly used picture and document formats;
- pre-designed styles including sketch mode applied with a single click.
The properly organized brainstorming includes three essential stages:
1. Problem statement. This is a preliminary stage. The problem should be properly phrased. Brainstorming participants are chosen based on the stated problem and the way brainstorming will run.
2. Generating ideas. This is the main stage influencing the success of the whole process. That is why it is important to comply with the rules:
- The main thing is getting as many ideas as possible. No limitations.
- No criticism at all (including positive). Appraisal distracts from the main task and destroys creativity.
- Unusual and even absurd ideas are welcome.
- Combine and improve any ideas.
3. Grouping, filtering and estimation of ideas. This stage helps to select the best ideas and finalize brainstorming. Criticism is appreciated here.
How to draw a basic Brainstorming diagram
The easiest way to draw a new brainstorming diagram is to use Grapholite.